Application Support / IT Analyst / Oracle Developer
Consolidated Edison of New York
Aug ‘06 – Present
Oracle Database 9i/10.2g/11g/12c, Oracle Developer Forms and Reports 6i/10g/11g, PL/SQL, SQL Plus, TOAD for Oracle v. 8.0.0, SQL Loader, PL/SQL Developer, Oracle SQL Developer, Bentley MicroStation J/v8i, ConTEXT Editor, Enterprise Architect, Right Now Technology 7.5/8.0, XML Scripting, MS Office, Windows NT/2000/XP, MS Access, Visual Studio TFS 2008/2015, SQL Server Management Studio, SSIS Package
Primary Feeder Mapping , 2006-present
- Primary Feeder Mapping is used to create maps of the substations and feeders that are constructed by ConEd in four boroughs – Westchester/Bronx and Brooklyn/Queens. This is the graphical representation and corresponding database records of actual structures that are physically installed on location. The aim is to make these maps 100% accurate based on the actual structures in the field. This is a highly-integrated system that feeds important data to key business applications pertinent to ensuring the system is fully working to provide NYC electricity is flowing to our customers.
- Provide day-to-day application support for Primary Mapping Application using Bentley Microstation J and Oracle 12c Database for Westchester, Bronx, Brooklyn and Queens Boroughs.
- Create scripts and reports to perform and monitor daily health check on the system.
- Troubleshoot, debug reported issues, coordinate with other parties (if necessary), and correct the problem that the user is experiencing within the day. If the issue cannot be resolved within the day, email the end-user and supervisor to communicate issue, send updates, and the expected timeframe when to expect a resolution.
- Provide database extracts, canned and ad-hoc reports using PL/SQL Developer, SQL Plus, Oracle Discoverer or Oracle SQL Developer and exporting data into an Excel Spreadsheet/PDF Document as requested by users. Help supervisors analyze and make sense of their data to turn into meaningful information.
- Provide an open environment for the users to write/speak about what they think regarding the application, suggest any solution, or submit their defects directly to my attention.
- Create and manage projects on small, quick iterations with definite goals to improve and enhance existing programs (MACROs, UCMs, MDLs) by coordinating with the Mappers.
- Develop new program functional specifications to improve the application as discussed with Business Managers and Mappers.
- Work with the end-users to discuss areas which need improvement/new developments and create specifications accordingly. Meet with the business users at their physical location to gather feedback on how the application is going, provide technical support, establish rapport, meet new users/supervisors and check how they envision it to move with their KPIs for the following year.
- Design integration with other systems like: outage management, substations, poly-voltage load, and other applications in corporate-approved standards. Communicate, coordinate, test, and ensure links are working on the integrated systems when changes occur on Primary Mapping.
- Communicate with the developer for proper execution of requested programs.
- List all tasks and ideas, analyze for possible solutions and coordinate with the supervisors for priorities. Track all requests via a ChangeTrak system (similar to JIRA) – enter analysis, files, implementation, and approvals. Prioritize each project turn-around to meet KPI of one-month from date of approval.
- Discuss list of priorities, scope, functionalities, and specifications with the developer to iron out any ambiguity and answer any questions. Combine requests if necessary, to ensure that developer time is properly allocated and used.
- Check-out and check-in codes for the off-site developer, compile them to running program, and perform tests for quick feedback and iteration.
- Create test cases, test new/modified programs extensively, and then coordinate with the mappers for UAT.
- Regression testing to ensure the (obsolete) application is able to run on various platforms: Windows XP to Windows 7 (and eventually Windows 10) and all of the deployed corporate patches.
- Schedule a monthly release of program changes with the RTW team (systems assurance) and request production moves by the Oracle DBAs. Modify scope of requests if necessary, in order to meet the deadline.
- Inform end-users about the production move; coordinate patch schedules, and outages.
- Create documentation of the source codes, menu application and how to use the Primary Feeder
- Mapping application. As SME, compile all documents pertaining to the application (technical or business related) and create one if there’s none.
- Help mappers in Queens Borough to comply with STAR (analysis tool) – work turnover of 3 months, 1 month earlier than requested date
- Successfully managed the project of converting user command macros (UCM) and Basic macro programs to MDL for compliance. Update menu, cells, and configuration files to run the application correctly as required by the managers. All data files were converted to database entities for security and performance purposes.
- Worked with several IT teams in migrating and upgrading the database from Oracle 9i to 11g to 12c for compliance purposes. Coordinated with users and other interfacing groups to make sure no one is left behind.
Gas Work Tracker, 2013-present
- This is an effort to convert existing work management system for Gas Operations into an IT- supported application.
- Created the workflow diagrams of the system, along with five other systems from MS Access Database that will have to be converted into supported Oracle Application
- Authored the proposal, vision and scope documents, and all pertinent SDLC documents needed for the budget allocation approval of the project.
- Created user stories for each of the 5 business user groups involved in the project with different levels of access.
- Coordinated with the end user for approvals, scoping, and meetings with as little intervention needed from my manager.
- Reached out to 7 other business owners to create corporate standard integration to their applications, ensuring security, data availability, and bandwidth are available for our application. Create system checks that assures our application will still work despite downtime from the source database.
- Gave monthly status reports to my manager on the progress of the project
- Create the reports, forms, database objects needed by for the application using Oracle Database 11g, Oracle Forms and Reports 10g, Oracle Discoverer. Worked on the one-time ETL process for taking MS Access data into Oracle Database.
- Coordinate with the DBA group for establishing the application’s development, test, and production environments.
- Interviewed and hired another developer to work on the project. Mentored, taught, motivated, and managed the developer to implement the design to completion.
- Worked on the project release with the developer and all the stakeholders.
Team Work Activity Tracking Application, 2012-2013
- Developed a work-tracking application for our team, which involved: scoping and analysis, designing the architecture, building the schema, creating scripts, developing forms and reports using Oracle 10g builder, and creating an interface to an existing SQL Server and .net based application (ChangeTrak).
- This application is evolving and has the potential to be utilized within the department to be used mainly for reporting monthly accomplishments of each employed resource to the manager and ensure hours are accounted for, especially for contract resources. It is also used to ensure that the IT resources are meeting KPIs of closing ChangeTraks assigned.
IDMS Conversion, 2011-2012
- Create schema matching for two different systems for conversion and write the conversion scripts using sequence, views, stored procedures, and functions.
- Develop data cleanup process in order to match data in legacy application into Primary Feeder Mapping.
- Study and implement FME Workbench Administration for converting Oracle Database records into MicroStation graphics file.
- Developed scripts for ETL processing of IDMS data into Primary Mapping Application.
- Coordinated with outsourced vendors to make sure data are converted properly and submitted on time.
- Worked with business users for UAT and eventually for production move of accepted data.
- The data now resides in BQWX Primary Mapping.
Layout Tracking Mobile Office, 2006-2012
- This application is used to send the construction layout record into the field for gathering information. Once information is gathered using ViryaNet and BizTalk orchestration, an XML file is sent to the application and processed into the database. An interface will be available to make changes and approve the completed layout by the manager. Once layout is complete, no changes are allowed and relevant parties are informed via e-mail.
- Meet with Business Users to gather information about the application requirements they need to implement.
- Create the ER Diagram for the tables needed to be developed.
- Create all database objects like: tables, procedures, triggers, packages, synonyms, grants, views, constraints, indexes for the Mobile Office Application using Oracle Database 10g.
- Develop all forms for the application and enforced the business rules using Oracle Forms 10g.
- Develop the stored procedures inserting XML files to Oracle in order to facilitate BizTalk Orchestration.
- Generate reports that develop XML scripts of data as needed by user and dump the same file in a shared folder using Oracle Reports 10g.
- Generate reports and email the results as a PDF document attachment using Oracle Reports 10g.
Feeder Repository Health Check
- Feeder Repository is a data warehouse of all Primary Feeder Mapping structures in all five New York boroughs (Manhattan, Westchester/Bronx, Queens, Staten Island and Brooklyn). Health Check is used to see if the information in the repository is being updated against the databases owned by each borough.
- Created a comprehensive Documentation for the use of Health Check.
- Checks the health/relevance of the repository on a daily basis.
- Updated the Health Check forms and reports using Oracle Forms and Reports 6i.
- Provided technical guidance and subject matter expertise to the developer until ready to take on full support.
Steam – CCG/CCB, 2007-2008
- Create stored procedures to be handled by VB.Net and ASP using sys_refcursor as resultset.
- Help in integrating Oracle Database 10g in web forms.
- Convert tSQL to PL/SQL stored procedures
- Project is completed and is in production.
Steam Business Unit – Right Now Technology, 2006
- Help in creating new reports using Right Now Technology.
- Create APIs to upload data into their database.
South Florida Water Management District, WPB
Feb ‘06- July ‘06
Oracle Database 8.x/10.2g, Oracle Developer Forms and Reports 6i/10g, PL/SQL, SQL Plus, TOAD for Oracle v. 8.0.0, SQL Loader, Citrix Program Neighborhood System, Unix E-Term 32 VT320 Terminal Emulator 2.00.138, C-Shell Scripting, Korn Shell Scripting, WRQ Reflection X 12.0.0/14.0.0, MS Office, Windows NT/2000/XP, Remedy Program
Unix Shell Scripting
- Created and fully documented UNIX shell scripts
- Developed control files and SQL update files for uploading flat files into Oracle database using SQL Loader and SQL Plus.
- Used shell scripting for logging on the database, finding the files needed, moving files, calling programs, and e-mailing final results to the developers.
- Developed PL/SQL scripts for automatically updating Oracle database’s lookup tables from temp tables and strictly implementing business rules for filtering data into the database.
- Handling files and directories in Unix, using basic commands ( like mkdir, cd, pwd, ls, chmod, etc)
- Created and modified functions, procedures and packages for budget rollover, used to clear up the database’s entire schema and archiving previous information, in order to make it ready for another fiscal year’s budget.
- Made new views and reports using OLE calls to Microsoft Excel for budget’s current fiscal year
- Granting and revoking of user roles for the entire schema.
- WEEDDAR Application (Vegetation Management) in Oracle 6i Developer
- Improved the Weeddar application of the company by coordinating with the non-technical administrators regarding their computing needs.
- Created uniform GUI application using visual attributes instead of manually changing object properties. Applied role privileges to the users to be checked versus the GUI menu security roles for the safety of the system, which cannot be accessed by users without the role. Added more functionality to the forms by showing the “create and update” record information and by giving more query-able fields available.
- Implemented many business rules to make sure that the data entered into the system are filtered accordingly using well-placed forms and database triggers, functions, procedures and packages.
- Integrated Legacy Application data and new SAP data into the system.
- Fully documented the program, provided user documentation and end-user training on how to utilize the program effectively.
- Developed more reports that are needed for the Department of Environment and Protection projects and daily information sheets for the District workers and contractors.
- Created user security administration where the super users can create, grant and revoke roles to other users.
ROW Application (Right of Way - Land Management Information Systems)
- Improved the existing application by coordinating with the users.
- Added functionality to the program by showing “create and update” record information and by giving more query-able fields. Updated database objects by creating primary and foreign keys for the tables (pre-existing tables did not have primary keys), new views, triggers, functions, procedures and packages. Created fully documented scripts for creating/updating these database objects. Automated many of their computing needs by incorporating reports that they usually type manually.
- Oracle Forms and Reports migration from Oracle 6i to Oracle 10g using Linux platform.
- Gave end-user training upon project turnover and complete application documentation on the changes made.
- Assigned to other smaller projects by troubleshooting and performing minor development tasks for other users like: personnel, procurement and finance.
Soleil D’Or Spa, Jeddah, KSA
January 2005 to September 2005
Full Stack Oracle Developer
Nawara House for Fashion, Jeddah, KSA
June 2000 to December 2004back to top ↑